BOO at the NC ZOO
$10 for Non-members and member guests, $8 for NC Zoo Society members
Celebrate two weekends of daytime, family-friendly Halloween fun!
Saturday & Sunday – October 21 & 22 and October 28 & 29
Get your kids ready for the beloved Boo at the North Carolina Zoo! This annual, family-friendly Halloween event serves sweet treats and more, perfect for kids 4-12. Dress up your little ones to enter fun costume contests, enjoy trick or treating, and have a howling good time with festive games.
Cost: $10 for Non-members and member guests, $8 for NC Zoo Society members; Boo at the NC Zoo wristbands may be purchased at the Africa and North America admission booths and the Junction ticket window. Ticket sales for Boo at the NC Zoo end at 2 p.m. (Boo at the NC Zoo is an additional fee plus Zoo admission.) Guests must have a Boo wristband to participate in Boo activities and trick-or-treat. No advance sales.
Activities in Africa:
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Trick or treating along the pathways in Africa
9 a.m. – 3 p.m - Fun activities, inflatables and entertainment in Africa Amphitheatre
12 p.m. - Costume contest in Africa Amphitheatre
3 p.m.- Costume contest in Africa Amphitheatre
- Costumes must be family-friendly; No scary costumes or costumes that expose excessive portions of skin that may be viewed as inappropriate in a family environment.
- For participants 13 and older, costumes, masks, makeup or face paint cannot cover the face. Small embellishments are okay.
- Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes must be safe to be worn throughout the Zoo. Costume should not drag on the ground, or contain sharp objects or material that may accidentally strike another person.
Costume Contest Groups: Amphitheatre – 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- 0 to 5 years
- 6 to 12 years
- 13 and up
- Themed family or group participants